St. Julian’s: There are no documents to indicate the exact date the Lapsi Church was built, however one is led to believe that in 1580 the Knights of St. John, who were here for hunting, built the first church. In 1593 the small church was demolished and another one was built in its stead. Once again in 1682 the third church was built. The works were completed in 1683. The church was built by Mikiel Gaffan, and the Architects were Vincenzo Casanova and Giovanni Barbara.
In 1693 there was a big earthquake in Malta and Sicily which caused considerable damage to a lot of buildings. This Church was amongst one of these buildings and in 1716 the Bishop advised Guzeppi Ciantar to rebuild it. In 1730 the Bishop Paolo Alferan De Bussan made a pastoral visit and found that this church had actually been rebuilt.
